A few weeks ago I posted on my Insta stories and asked who would be interested in seeing some weekly menu ideas each week, and there was a TON of people interested! I was kind of surprised, since it’s not what I normally share, but I think we’re all at the point in quarantine where making dinner is really starting to feel like a chore.
I try to make dinner at least 4 nights a week. Since I’m working from home now, I feel like I have no excuse to not make dinner. Sure, there are definitely nights when I’m working late and we end up ordering in, or eating random leftovers, but I really do make an effort. And on top of making an effort, I have been trying to change it up and make new things we haven’t had, revise old recipes and make them feel new, that kind of thing.
Who’s with me? If this sounds like you, then read on. I’ve got some recipe ideas for you that I hope you’ll love!
1. Chickpea Mediterranean Bowls– inspired by this HelloFresh recipe, but we used whatever veggies we had in the fridge! SO GOOD!
2. Burrata Pasta in Cast Iron Skillet- we used this recipe as a starting point, but again, used what we had in the fridge. But OMG, forgot how good burrata is. WOW.
3. Sweet Potato Couscous Bowl– a twist on the recipe above, but we added in sweet potatoes, and it was super good. Healthy, filling and roasting the veggies all at once makes this s quick dinner when you’re short on time.
4. Peach & Burrata Salad– Okay, this one is a no brainer. Like I said, burrata is unreal. This salad is simple, quick to make and is just light enough. The recipe here calls for prosciutto, which we left out, but I bet it would be really good if you’re a meat eater.
5. Couscous, again. We’re clearly hooked. Just use whatever you have in your fridge, and add feta! Done!
6. Black Bean Flautas– we tried this first when we were using HelloFresh and loved them. So when we shut down our service with them, I had to find a way to make them on my own. Turns out it’s super easy! Bryan loved this one, even without any meat!
7. Hoisin Glazed Shrimp– easy, yummy and you can pair it with whatever grain and veggies you want.
8. Tex Mex Shrimp Bowls– another HelloFresh recipe that was easy to make at home, and was super yummy!
9. Homemade Ramen Bowls– college ramen, but kicked up a notch. Definitely making this one again.
Hope this gives you a little bit of inspo as you’re working on your upcoming menus! If you have any suggestions, I would love to hear about them over on Instagram.
Thank you for stopping by!