If there is one thing I swear by, skin care wise, it’s face masks. My Sunday ritual is pampering myself with a face mask, after spending the day make up free! It’s such a refreshing way to spend the day, and to finish the night y doing something for ME. Self care is super important. We’ve got to take time for ourselves and focus on our skin!
I swear this is making me feel more like a 30 year old than anything else… Now that I’ve hit the big 3-0, skin care is more of a priority than it’s ever been. I wish I could go back in time and tell the 20-year-old me to get on board MUCH earlier!
I thought it would be fun to share some of my favorite brands and masks with you, in case you’re looking to add new ones to your collection. I’ve also included one or two in this mix that I haven’t tried, but are on my list to order ASAP!
Continue Reading →
Tis the season to BE NICE PLEASE!
I can’t believe it’s Christmas already!! This month has flown by… this entire year, actually. I’ve been reminiscing on the past 12 months and have been trying to remember the whirl wind year this has been. I started the year working for one company, was laid off, had 6 months to work on Worship Worthy full time (amazingggggg) and now I’ve started a new adventure with another company.
And Worship Worthy has been growing and growing…. We had more sales in the shop this year than we had ever expected! I’m so thankful for the love and support from my friends and family for this blog, and my shop. I didn’t think it was possible, but here we are…
Continue Reading →
I partnered with Ellie Active Wear a couple of months ago and I seriously fell in LOVE. Their beautiful rose gold & metallic subscription box is full of amazing goodies that are shipped directly to your door each month (you choose from either 3 pieces or 5 pieces). You get three pieces of clothing, or you get three pieces of clothing AND two accessories (like a shawl or jump rope). Honestly, the quality of all of the clothing that they have sent thus far has been really good. And comfortable! Who doesn’t need more workout gear, right? I mean, I sometimes just use mine as loungewear, but hey… who cares.
Another thing I love about the brand is that each month, the box has a different theme. They have a card included in each box that tells you what their vision was- the vibe, the feeling, etc. For December, the theme is “Movement”. What gets you up in the morning, what gets you moving and feeling good. I think it’s such an awesome concept to incorporate!
<<If you read until the bottom, you might get a discount code! (wink, wink)>>
Continue Reading →
In honor of the holidays, I decided to skip my Friday Weekend Deal’s post and give you another holiday guide instead! I figure with everyone starting to do their shopping, this guide might be more helpful.
We all know a few people (or at least one) that throw the BEST parties! They have the best set up, perfect food, the table settings and glasses are amazing, and on and on. I’m definitely NOT that person in my group of friends, but I have several girlfriends who are!
Continue Reading →
It’s been about six months since I did a post like this, and since there are lots of new readers, followers, subscribers, etc, I thought it would be fun to round II! It’s actually kind of hard getting to 15 things, honestly… That’s kind of sad to admit, but here we go!
(If you want to read the first post, you can check that out here.)
- I HATE apples. I like apple juice, apple pie, apple spice, but I HATE eating raw apples. The sound biting into an apple and the sensation of biting into an apple, gives me the chills. It’s like nails on a chalkboard. I can’t stand it. And actually thinking about it is making the hair on my arms stand up. How WEIRD am I? Lol.
- I have severe ADD. At any given moment, I’m thinking about 10 different things. For example, right now I am working on this blog post, I have a half written email open in another window, a Facebook post drafted in another, and currently shopping on a few sites. ALL AT THE SAME TIME that I’m writing this. OMG…Trying to get better at this!
- I eat green olives out of the jar, with a fork. It’s disgusting, but I do it all the time. SO good!
- My underwear is NEVER color coordinated. Never. I don’t even think I have matching sets. Am I alone here?
- I grew up swimming my whole life (competitively) and it’s my favorite thing to do. However, I don’t like the ocean, or lakes. I could swim in a pool ALL DAY, everyday.
- Beard’s were never something I liked on a guy, until I met Rob. And now I LOVE his beard. I get sad when he shaves it all the way off.
- I played ice hockey my freshman year of high school. Two of my friends and I thought it would be funny to try out (while everyone else was trying out for cheerleading) and we made it on the JV squad and I played for the year. It was so fun, but I was terrible. (Pic below for your laughing pleasure…)
- I don’t have any tattoos, and will never get one. But I LOVE them on other people!
- I’ve always loved school and learning. I was the weird kid who was SO READY for school to start back up after the summer.
- I have no rhythm. I can’t sing to save my life and I’m ALWAYS off beat. Rob makes fun of me all the time for this and I think it’s hilarious. I’ve tried to catch on, but it’s just not it me, so now I just rock it. I’ll definitely be the one dancing like a loser, or snapping my fingers COMPLETELY off beat to a song. It’s fine…
- And I think everything happens for a reason.
- Every time I go to the mall, I leave with a Wetzel’s Pretzel. Never fails, I can’t say no. It’s a guilty pleasure and I usually eat it in my car in the parking lot, in shame. Haha!
- Piggybacking on that, bagels are my favorite. And I can ALWAYS eat one, or two. Hardest part is that I try and stay away from cheese, but bagels are my weakness. YUMMMM!
- I’m not a sports fan, but if I start watching a game, I somehow end up getting really invested and involved…when I really don’t care who wins.
- I’m Norwegian, and a mix of English, Scottish, etc., but ever since high school people have always asked me if I have any Asian in me. Someone recently asked if I was part Korean.
BONUS: I hate avocado and cilantro. Like a deep, true hatred. I feel like I’m going to be burned at the stake for this one, but it’s true! I refuse to eat them both, on anything.
Hope you found these interesting (and hopefully funny)!