I’m going to a wedding in a few weeks in Palm Springs and I’ve been really struggling with what the heck to wear. Palm Springs is about 75-80 degrees during the day in December, but it actually does get cold at night (like 50’s). So as I’ve been searching for something CUTE, but also something I won’t freeze my ass off in, I thought it might be a good blog post! I can’t be the only one thinking about this, right?
Also, someone asked me recently if it’s OK to wear black to a wedding. I feel like the answer used to be a big fat HELL NO, but now, I don’t think that’s true. I’ve seen people wear black to a wedding. I think the connotation that black is a funeral color is outdated, and most people now consider black at a wedding to be classic and chic. When I showed Rob this dress, the first thing out of his mouth was “Black, really?”.
What are your thoughts on this? Would you wear black? If you’ve been a bride, did people wear black to your wedding? I’m really curious!
I found a few articles on the topic that I thought were interesting…
Continue Reading →
In honor of the holidays, I decided to skip my Friday Weekend Deal’s post and give you another holiday guide instead! I figure with everyone starting to do their shopping, this guide might be more helpful.
We all know a few people (or at least one) that throw the BEST parties! They have the best set up, perfect food, the table settings and glasses are amazing, and on and on. I’m definitely NOT that person in my group of friends, but I have several girlfriends who are!
Continue Reading →
It’s been about six months since I did a post like this, and since there are lots of new readers, followers, subscribers, etc, I thought it would be fun to round II! It’s actually kind of hard getting to 15 things, honestly… That’s kind of sad to admit, but here we go!
(If you want to read the first post, you can check that out here.)
- I HATE apples. I like apple juice, apple pie, apple spice, but I HATE eating raw apples. The sound biting into an apple and the sensation of biting into an apple, gives me the chills. It’s like nails on a chalkboard. I can’t stand it. And actually thinking about it is making the hair on my arms stand up. How WEIRD am I? Lol.
- I have severe ADD. At any given moment, I’m thinking about 10 different things. For example, right now I am working on this blog post, I have a half written email open in another window, a Facebook post drafted in another, and currently shopping on a few sites. ALL AT THE SAME TIME that I’m writing this. OMG…Trying to get better at this!
- I eat green olives out of the jar, with a fork. It’s disgusting, but I do it all the time. SO good!
- My underwear is NEVER color coordinated. Never. I don’t even think I have matching sets. Am I alone here?
- I grew up swimming my whole life (competitively) and it’s my favorite thing to do. However, I don’t like the ocean, or lakes. I could swim in a pool ALL DAY, everyday.
- Beard’s were never something I liked on a guy, until I met Rob. And now I LOVE his beard. I get sad when he shaves it all the way off.
- I played ice hockey my freshman year of high school. Two of my friends and I thought it would be funny to try out (while everyone else was trying out for cheerleading) and we made it on the JV squad and I played for the year. It was so fun, but I was terrible. (Pic below for your laughing pleasure…)
- I don’t have any tattoos, and will never get one. But I LOVE them on other people!
- I’ve always loved school and learning. I was the weird kid who was SO READY for school to start back up after the summer.
- I have no rhythm. I can’t sing to save my life and I’m ALWAYS off beat. Rob makes fun of me all the time for this and I think it’s hilarious. I’ve tried to catch on, but it’s just not it me, so now I just rock it. I’ll definitely be the one dancing like a loser, or snapping my fingers COMPLETELY off beat to a song. It’s fine…
- And I think everything happens for a reason.
- Every time I go to the mall, I leave with a Wetzel’s Pretzel. Never fails, I can’t say no. It’s a guilty pleasure and I usually eat it in my car in the parking lot, in shame. Haha!
- Piggybacking on that, bagels are my favorite. And I can ALWAYS eat one, or two. Hardest part is that I try and stay away from cheese, but bagels are my weakness. YUMMMM!
- I’m not a sports fan, but if I start watching a game, I somehow end up getting really invested and involved…when I really don’t care who wins.
- I’m Norwegian, and a mix of English, Scottish, etc., but ever since high school people have always asked me if I have any Asian in me. Someone recently asked if I was part Korean.
BONUS: I hate avocado and cilantro. Like a deep, true hatred. I feel like I’m going to be burned at the stake for this one, but it’s true! I refuse to eat them both, on anything.
Hope you found these interesting (and hopefully funny)!
For Fall and Winter, I seriously don’t think there is anything better than a super chunky, cozy sweater. I could seriously live in them (and I would be if it wasn’t still 70 degrees in Los Angeles…not complaining, but still)! I stumbled on this Kendall & Kylie sweater last year at Pac Sun while I was last minute shopping for some gifts for Rob, and I LOVE it! Never in a million years did I think I would be wearing the Kendall & Kylie line, but this sweater is so cute. And it was like 1,000 percent off… Yeah!
I thought it would be helpful to do a little sweater round up for you, since I’m basically already doing this shopping for myself.
Also, it’s kind of hard to find super oversized, chunky sweaters. I thought it would be really easy, but I didn’t find a TON that was in the realm of “chunk” that I want, and wasn’t a regular cable knit sweater. And a lot that I did find, were hundreds of dollars… eek!
I think I found some good ones for you, and all are reasonable priced, YAY!!
Continue Reading →
My first holiday gift guide is here! I’ll be releasing a bunch of these, because I think they’ll be super helpful as we all start our holiday shopping. I’ve been struggling to think of what to get everyone on my list, but doing little round ups like this have helped me get organized.
This guide is devoted to EVERYTHING beauty related! We all have the friend (or sister, mother, cousin…) who is a beauty junkie and is constantly trying new products, a VIP at Sephora, etc. You probably already have someone in your life in mind. Right? Well here are my picks for the BEST gifts for the beauty obsessed girl in your life. Plus, some of these would be amazing stocking stuffers or gifts for co-workers that won’t break the bank. Win win!
Continue Reading →