Have you heard of Poshmark yet?
Poshmark is an marketplace app (and a website) where you can sell your gently used clothes, accessories, Kids, Mens, new makeup, etc. It’s awesome, and I’ve managed to make over $500 in last few months by following the simple steps below.
I know a lot of people that are looking to make some extra cash these days, and some that simply just want to clean out their closets and get rid of old stuff. Either way, I’ve been recommending Poshmark more and more lately so I thought it would be a good time to share my thoughts on how to succeed (from my experience).
My steps for “success”:
- Take good photos. I have some photos in my “closet” that are pictures of me in the actual item, but I’ve also taken photos of each item on a white background, and from different angles. You want to make sure the images are clear (nothing worse than a blurry picture, right?), and that you highlight the details.
- If an item is kind of complicated to see, I’ll take a photo in it, but will cut out my face. And if you’re doing this, I would recommend paying attention to your background. Is your bedroom a giant mess? Are there clothes all over the floor in the background? It’s helpful to have a nice, clean background for these images.
- Share your items. By sharing your items with your following, you are essentially ensuring that your post is going to pop up in their news feed. And in turn, people will then “like”, or “share” your post with their following. The platform is very interactive, so if you go on the website or app on a consistent basis and really put in some effort, you will definitely see it pay off!
- Price your items appropriately. There are a lot of items on Poshmark for next to nothing (which is awesome!) but I think it’s important to price your items fairly and for what their worth. Obviously it’s not beneficial to you to price a beat up pair of shoes for $45.00 when they’re really worth $5.00. Just be honest, and if you feel an item is worth the price you put it at, you don’t have to compromise and take any deal that comes your way. I’ve been offered much less than the listing price for some items, and I didn’t want to budge. And a few days later the item sold at the price I wanted. Sometimes it pays to be stubborn, ha!
- Follow other people! A main takeaway is that the platform is social based! They want you to interact with other users, be friends and shout each other out by sharing items. Talk to people by commenting back and forth, join on the parties that you’re invited to, etc.
- Sell one thing = selling more. Don’t quote me on this one, because I have no idea if it’s true, but what I have noticed with my personal experience is that once I sold a few pieces, the momentum was flowing and I was selling more and more with little effort. To be very real with you- I don’t know if this is how it works, but it seems like the more you sell, the more you pop up in other people’s feeds? No clue, but just a last tip from friend to friend.
Honestly, this platform has just been a fun side hustle for me and I want to share the wealth with you! I’ve had a lot of friends as me how the heck I am selling so much, so I hope these tips are somewhat helpful.
What do you think? Are you an avid Poshmark user and have tips to share? Comment below! I’d love to hear from you!
Want to join in on the Poshmark fun?? You can enter in my code when you sign up! 🙂
P.S.- If you’re on Poshmark, let’s be friends! Here is my closet!