So I’m challenging myself to be more open and personal with my blog, my brand and my journey in opening my online shop. I’m much more comfortable keeping things to myself… Should that be number 1? HA!
I’ve seen some other bloggers share some unknown facts about themselves lately, and I thought it would be a fun idea! But, I wanted to share the random, weird, things you don’t really tell people, kind of facts.
Not the “I was born in ____”, or “My favorite color is ____”. You probably don’t care too much about that stuff, right? Me neither.
OK, here we go.
- I didn’t know how to cook ANYTHING until I met Rob. Not even mac & cheese, not kidding. Boy taught me all of my skills…
- I knew I wanted to work in fashion since I was 12. I had my mom request college course information from the University of Minnesota so I could look at it.
- Working out is one of my LEAST favorite things to do. I’ve tried a zillion different things and I’ve found nothing I really love. BUT I just took a Platefit class for the first time and I think I’ve found a winner. Guys, I’ve never been so sore in my life. I actually felt like I successfully worked out every muscle in my body in a 27 minute class. It was AMAZING!
- ….and on top of that, I hate being hot and/or sweaty. Rob likes to make fun of me about this one!
- I’m double jointed in my pinky fingers and my elbows. Super random, super weird. But true.
- Makeup is a foreign concept to me. Not sure how to apply it, have ZERO clue how to contour or what a BB or CC cream is supposed to do. I follow a lot of Insta makeup artists just to try and learn some tricks.
- I can sleep anytime, anywhere. And once I’m tired, it’s game over pretty much immediately. Poor Rob has had to deal with me falling asleep many times during movies, HBO marathons, car rides… You name it.
- Besides fashion, ART is my passion. If I could just paint, drink wine, and watch Netflix every single day, and somehow make a living, that would be my f-ing DREAM. #goals
- My hair was ALWAYS short. I’m talking up-to-my-ears kind of haircut (with bangs that started from like the middle of my head..). So now I have a fear of cutting it, and I think I’ll keep it long from here on out.
- Rob and I live in LA now, but talk about someday moving. Nashville, Austin, a farm in the middle of no where maybe?
- (maybe 10.2) I have this dream of having a huge ranch and just having a billion animals. Dogs, cats, pigs, cows, goats, all of them. Just for fun!
- I’m afraid of fire. Legitimately. I’ve lit a lighter once in my life (for 2 seconds) and refuse to light matches. I just have a weird fear… so I use those long ass torch lighters for everything! Am I the only one?
- My all time favorite movies are Practical Magic, Now and Then and Shawshank Redemption. I watched them when I was 14 and have watched them about 1,000 times since then.
- I’m obsessed with my dog Max. I got him in college and brought him across the country with me when I moved to Los Angeles. But when I got here, I realized I couldn’t properly take care of him. I was working 10 hours a day and didn’t know many people in the city. Poor babe was home alone all day. So I sent him back to my parents, where he is now, and as much as I want him with me, Minnesota is the best place for him. I just about DIE every time I go home and get to see him!
- My travel bucket list includes: all of Italy, the Greek islands, Switzerland, Norway, Bora Bora, Costa Rica, Amsterdam, and on and on.
16. I’m truly an introvert…. 100% to the core. I would LOVE to sit in a room alone probably for my whole life, but I’m really really trying to get OUT and become more comfortable being more extroverted. Any tips and tricks? Maybe I’ll do a blog post on things I’ve learned along the journey thus far… Thoughts?
Now your turn! Share with me some fun facts about YOU!